Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Creative Side

Last night, Zach and I were invited to a birthday bash of a friend of ours. When we were invited, I asked if I could bring anything. I was asked to bring vegetables. It kind of freaked me out considering I don't eat veggies. What do I bring? I asked what the birthday girl's favorites were and I jumped on that. So I came with zucchini and carrots. I was a little nervous since I don't know how to pick out veggies, but people said they were good. So I made it through that hurdle. Then we were having a good time chatting and eating, when it was announced that we were going to paint. This was shocking to my soul. Oh goodness, freestyle painting with other people watching made me beyond nervous. I have been meaning to start painting, but that was just going to be between me and the paint brushes. No one else was going to be involved. I was a little scared, but after getting over myself, it was really enjoyable. I wouldn't call what I did anything close to a masterpiece, but it wasn't horrible (I don't think). What a fun night!


No comments: