Monday, January 19, 2009

A Deep Breath In

Even though I had a four day weekend, I did not run out of things to be doing. It feels like we worked on the house non-stop. We have officially finished painting the windows and we are choosing to ignore the fact that the new paint doesn't quite match the old paint. More importantly, we were finally able to clean up and move furniture back into place. I was at a breaking point with the house due to every room having furniture piled in the middle of the room. I have not been able to use my desk in about a month and we have been watching TV crammed between furniture with the TV on the floor. I am finally able to walk into different rooms and breath. In addition, Zach and I cleared out and cleaned up the attic which still had junk in it from the previous owners. We left the bottle collection for now because today it was too much to deal with.


This not a very good picture, but all the furniture was sitting in the middle of the room on the carpet.

Some of the troubles continue though. Today Zach and I worked on attempting to fix the fan in the bathroom. We found out for sure that it should be vented outside and not into the attic. In addition, after taking it apart and cleaning the craziness out of it, I still don't think it is working. The garage door opener is still not working. In addition, we went to put the TV back up the window where it belonged to find out it no longer fits because the window was moved in some. So, for now it is placed on a coffee table. This means that I am caving and considering buying a flat screen:( I just hope that we can find an amazing deal...but first Zach has to sell his trumpet.

The TV is supposed to sit on top of those cabinets in the window, not on a small table in front of the cabinets.

No comments: