Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another Snow Day

So far this year, I have had the pleasure of experiencing 3 snow days. We have 5 built into the calender, so we are not going to have to make up any days yet. I woke up at 5:55 am to my phone ringing. A message let me know that school was cancelled for the day. I was immediately sad because I did not go to hear a friend play last night because I would be up too late and thought that I would need for my head to be screwed on straight today. I was also a little sad, because in general, Wednesdays are my favorite days at work and I think today would have been a good one. I got over those emotions pretty quickly and went back to sleep. When I actually got out of bed, I look out the window to see very little snow outside. Amazingly, this is the most snow I have seen on a snow day yet. (the first day, all the snow was in the South part of the county and the second day, was an extremely cold day).

I feel like I made good use of the day overall. I made and baked cookies and made and baked a cake creation. In the midst of baking, I cleaned all the floors in the house. I also intermixed 4 loads of laundry. Since I was going to be home, I decided I would make noodles for the already planned chicken noodle soup for dinner. I made whole wheat noodles today which I think turned out very well. (I forgot to update you to let you know that the last set of noodles were delicious as well). I think I might become a noodle maker on a regular basis. As soon as Zach got home, we ate dinner and then headed out to go shopping. I had to return a gift and then we started scoping out a TV. We went to Circuit City, Electronics Express, Best Buy, Sam's, Walmart, and HHGregg. I think we got a good idea of what we want, but Zach is going to do some more researching. As soon as we got home, I got right back in the car to go exercise with a friend. I came back home showered and now I am writing this. Overall, I think this was a productive day.

No comments: