Friday, May 8, 2009

Surprise!

Here is a picture of the peony plant we have in our front "garden".


This plant is amazing to me. We had no idea what was in our garden. Zach cut back some stems, but we had no idea was to expect. Then out comes these leaves. The plant starts to grow and grow and GROW. It is huge! and it started as nothing. What a crazy plant. Just in the past week, the flowers began blooming. Once again, HUGE! The picture below is of a bloom that is the size of my face.


I have not decided if I like this plant yet or not. Mainly due to the fact that it attracts ants. Who wants a flower that has ants ALL over it? I definitely don't want that plant welcoming my guests into my home. I do like the flowers and I am planning on moving it in the fall to a place much further away from the front door. If I do this, maybe the irises will grow since they won't be devoured by ants.

No comments: