Monday, May 4, 2009

Lights Out

Saturday was anything but predictable. I woke up at 5:15 to get ready to be at the neighborhood garage sale by 6. I was putting last minute things in the car at 5:55 when I got a phone call informing me that the yard sale was cancelled due to rain. (In case you don't live in Nashville, it down poured on Friday and was stilling lightly raining on Saturday morning. Rain is actually predicted everyday but Tuesday this week.) This is the point at which I realized that Saturday was May 2nd which meant that I completely forgot to wish my mom a happy birthday. What a crummy start to the day. I decided to try starting the day again by going back to sleep:)

I woke up again and didn't really know how to make use of the day since I had planned on being at the yard sale pretty much all day. I worked on cleaning up things around the house and just took it slow. Then there was a phone call and a knock on the door. Oops, I had invited a friend to come hang out at the yard sale and forgot to let her know that it was cancelled. It was really great seeing her and hanging out since we had not seen each other in a while. This led me right into the other planned activity of the day...Moograss.

Moograss is an outdoor festival here in Nashville to raise money for Radnor Lake. All day I was waiting to get a call that is was cancelled, but that call never came, so we headed out. The show went well and the rain held off for the most part. There was some misting, but not very many true raindrops. On the way home, the carpool decided to watch a movie.

8 of us watched Seven Pounds in our living room. The movie evoked a lot of conversation. In the midst of this conversation, we heard the cat door open. Zach and I looked at each other to confirm that it was the cat door. Zach and 3 other boys snuck to the door to see what was joining our party. Whatever it was did not let us see it. Not long after this occurrence, the lights went out. (Oh yea, it was raining again.) This began some kinda scary talk about ghosts, etc. This was not purposeful, but fitting. Eventually the lights came back on and by that time it was about 2:30am and time to go to bed. And that was our Saturday.

No comments: