Saturday, May 16, 2009

Rain, Rain, Rain

Our neighborhood planned on having a yard sale a couple of weeks ago, but it rained (or rather poured) that morning, so we called it off and rescheduled it for this weekend. I woke up this morning at 5 am to a thunderstorm. By 5:30 the weather had calmed to a drizzle and I tried to prepare myself for a rainy and hot (if the sun came out) day. I decided to wear a knee length dress with rian boots and a rain jacket. I probably looked a little silly, but the rain boots were a very good idea. The sun did peak through for about 1 hour of the 9 hours we were out there. The rest of the time it was either raining or threatening to rain. Despite the weather, we sold a decent amount of stuff. Probably about half of the sales were internal (bought by people within the neighborhood). I was able to walk away only buying one piece of furniture, an old wooden bar stool with arms, and was able to sell several large pieces. Overall, not a bad deal.

Hanging out with neighbors under the gazebo waiting for the rain to pass over.

No comments: