Monday, March 30, 2009

Saturday in Atlanta, Part 1

We woke up on Saturday and attempted to prepare for a very wet day ahead. We found our starting spot for the MARTA (public train/subway thing), parked the car, bought our visitor passes and we loaded the train. We decided what station we needed to get off and starting walking through the rain. We probably walked about 6 blocks in the rain and you could definitely tell by the time we made it to the CNN building. I had on galoshes and a rain coat, but the area in between my jeans were soaking wet. Everything went smoothly in getting tickets for the CNN tour and we waited about 40 minutes for our tour to begin. The tour was very interesting and we got to see a lot of behind the scenes stuff.

Next we decided to head over to the Coca-Cola Museum. Thankfully it was only drizzling at this point, so it was smooth walking. I had sweet memories of the Coca-Cola Museum from my childhood and I was excited to see what it was like as an adult. Overall, it was very interesting, but chaotic. I did learn what 4-D theater is...3-D plus moving seats. I actually felt old in the 4-D theater because I felt sick with all that stuff occurring. I remember my mom commenting on that in IMAX theaters when I was younger. The tour ends with tasting of Coke products from around the world. Since I don't drink carbonated drinks, I left most of the tasting to Zach. He was brave and tasted Italy's Beverly. You can see his reaction below.



Next it was back to the MARTA to find The Flying Biscuit for some lunch. Once again it was only a light rain/drizzle to the diner. We enjoyed a wonderful meal, especially the biscuits and grits. As we were eating, the sky opened up and Zach and I got a little worried. We were several blocks from the MARTA and it was going to be a long walk. Thankfully it calmed back down just as we finished our meal and we had easy walk back to the MARTA.

Stay tuned to find out what happened after our 3pm lunch.

No comments: