Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Chandelier Changes

I wish that I had a before picture of our chandelier in our entry way, but I guess I wish not to remember it. I did take a picture of one of the panes of glass with a flower etched in it so that you can get a hint of what it looked like. Let me describe to you the old chandelier that did not at all mesh with who I am. Picture a small gold chandelier that has 5 arms. Already not me right? Now add a shade of sorts that surrounded the chandelier made of glass panels (one for each arm of the chandelier) with an etched flower in it. Really, really not me. It gave me sore feeling every time I had to turn it on. I had a friend come over to brain storm how we could change this ordeal. My friend suggested spray painting the old chandelier black and then changing out the glass panels for beads, ribbon, fabric, etc. I liked this idea and spent weeks searching for something to replace the glass panels. I could never seem to find the right thing. The other night, I had finally finished spray painting the chandelier and Zach suggested adding round frosted bulbs to it and not worrying about having any kind of shade for it. So, up it went and now we have a much more Marna Jane pleasing light in our entry way.
The Old (or part of)

The New (or redone)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know few sites where you can easily buy some discount Chandeliers with modern and historical look. Here is one I Buy Lights

jenifer said...

New one is really nice!! It is simple but stylish!! I'm just looking for similar type of for my home!!