Friday, March 20, 2009

Family Time

As mentioned before, I decided to go home and spend some time with my family over my Spring Break. Not long after I made it to Birmingham, I scooted over to my grandparents to attempt to cook them dinner. It was an amazing time with my grandparents. It is not often that I get to spend one on one time with my grandparents and this precious time with them was unbelievable.

The next day (Wednesday), I spent the day with my grandmother and my cousin at my grandparents house. I really enjoyed catching up with my cousin as we spent time with my grandmother. We spent time looking through old photo albums and just staring at how handsome my grandfather was as a young man, as well as what a beautiful lady my grandmother was. My grandmother was always in a cute dress with her hair done perfectly. There was even a picture of her in the snow in her heels. We eventually came to photos of our own parents as children and had a ball seeing them dolled up for Easter, etc all the way down the white gloves. That night I went out to eat with my grandparents and my immediate family. Very yummy and enjoyable.

Yesterday (Thursday), I got to take my little cousin Lilly to the zoo. She is 3 years old and a doll. She walked for many hours around the zoo taking in the many animals. Lilly loves animals and is not usually scared around animals. She got to pet a groundhog and a ferret. As well as, feed a macaw and a flamingo. The list of animals we saw is endless. I was amazed that she walked for hours while still being very polite in saying "may I please see the map," or "may we see another animal please." What an amazing little lady. She let me know that she was ready to go while we were in line to feed the giraffe by looking up at me and asking "will you take me home to my mommy please."

Feeding a Lorikeet


"Choo, choo!"


Being naturally beautiful


Following the zoo, my mom and I helped to work out the plans for The Farewell Drifters to play in Birmingham on April 3rd. Then I went and got Milo's for dinner. Yum Yum. After dinner, Meredith came over and we talked for a while. What an amazing visit. Probably the best in a very long time. Yea for adult Spring Break!

No comments: