Saturday, February 28, 2009

Spring

I don't know about you, but I am ready for Spring. Today was under 40 degrees and raining/slushing/snowing and it was not what I wanted. I have been attempting to bring Spring on myself. Some daffodils have been blooming in our neighbor's yard. It is a vacation home for them and they are rarely there. Because of the cold weather, the news said to pick any daffodils because the cold temps tonight would kill them. So, I went over to my neighbors yard and stole their daffodils. I am so excited to be looking at a vase of daffodils as I write this. Daffodils are my favorite flowers. I love the color and the smell and they come back every year without any care from me. I plan on planting some in our new yard this coming fall so that next year I will not have to steal them.


Another way I am bringing in Spring is by shopping for Alina and Maria. Alina is a child that I met on my first trip to Moldova and I sponsor her. Maria is her older sister. Alina asked for a dress and so I went shopping for an Easter dress for her and I believe I might have found the cutest one out there. I can't wait for her to put it on and feel like a princess.




PS Thank you Mom and Gayle for helping with the funds for the shopping spree for these amazing children.

1 comment:

FatMoMo said...

So Mooj...I'm gonna try this again..I've updated some things and let's see how it goes! The dress is super cute and I think she'll love it!