Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cave Music

I spent most of today in the dark, because The Farewell Drifters played inside a cave today. Not having light around messes with your mind. Thank you God for light. Even though the thought of playing in a cave was cool, they have played in one other cave and at the mouth of another cave. But, there were additional crazies about this cave. They played in a large open room in this cave that had a very large (3/4 ton, 15 feet tall, 8.5 feet wide) chandelier hanging hundreds of feet above the audience and stage. It was a neat atmosphere, but strange at the same time. One of the strangest things to me is that we were inside this amazing huge room in a cave and there was a snack bar with Styrofoam cups for lattes, nachos and cheese, and chili dogs right next to me. It didn't mesh for me, but it was still a very unique and enjoyable atmosphere. Most importantly, the music was incredible!
I would suggest saving and opening this picture bigger, because it will give you a good idea of the room (thank you Erin for the wonderful photo)

1 comment:

Anthony said...

That is the coolest thing ever. I love caves AND The Farewell Drifters. I would have paid a lot of money to to be at that concert.