Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sheba's Licking Habits


Zach has been asking me to post about Sheba for quite some time now. Zach, this is for you (kinda). Our cat, Sheba, showed up at our door over a year ago now. She meowed and tried to get into the house every time we opened the door. Finally Zach gave in and let her in. I was not very happy about this because I didn't want a pet to care for. I told him we could keep her if we did not have to have a litter box. We showed her the dog door (that just happened to be in the door already) and she began coming in and out at she pleased. As things always go, she began sleeping on the bed with us. Not what I wanted, but once again a decision Zach made. We very quickly learned that Sheba likes to lick us. I don't know how many of you have been licked by a cat, but it is like being rubbed with smelly (bad breath) sand paper. She really enjoys licking our faces for whatever reason. Another favorite is our hair. The other day I was sitting on the floor at the end of the bed working on the computer when Sheba came up behind me and began licking my hair. Zach was laughing so hard watching her attempt to lick from the roots all the way to the end of my hair as she does to her own. Zach attempted to catch this moment on camera, but had difficulty. No worries, he was able to catch her at it the next morning.

I love how she has one paw against my head while she is licking my hair. Look at that tongue!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Jessica Bagge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeremy and Jessica Bagge said...

awww so cute. she is grooming you...like you are her little kitten! :)