Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Long Week

I feel like I have been going nonstop since last week when I last updated the blog.

Thursday:
As usual, Thursday was a whirlwind with work, exercise and small group until the wee hours.

Friday thru Monday:
Friday, some friends came in town for the weekend until Monday day. It is crazy how we met and uncanny how similar we are. We met at a music store in Gatlinburg, TN. As we began talking we realized that maybe we should get to know each other better. They came out to eat with us that night. Some of the uncanny similarities are that they play bluegrass music, they got married one day before us in an outdoor ceremony, her parents are missionaries in Romania (next to Moldova and very similar in culture), she is an OT, we all love the outdoors. That is all I can recall right now, but that is a lot.

A not so good picture of us hiking a trail on Sunday.


Monday:
Then on Monday evening, Zach and I slipped into wedding attire and had our pictures taken by a close friend who will begin shooting with a wedding photographer and needs to build a portfolio. It was fun to be walking around downtown in my wedding gown and having people say "Congrats" to us as we walked by. It was very cold though, so several pictures were taken with my coat on. I can't wait to see them.

Tuesday:
I went with a few girlfriends to test a new Arbonne product line and to hear the president of the company speak. It was rather out of my comfort zone. I reminded that I do not have any kind of business sense. I really enjoyed hanging out with some girlfriends

Wednesday:
Zach and I went to a talk about trafficking worldwide including right here in TN. I had no idea how much slavery is occurring right here in the United States. I am excited about finding out more. If you want to find out more, check out http://www.notforsaletn.org/. Also, til the end of the month you can download an audio copy of a book about slavery today for free at http://christianaudio.com/notforsale. I am downloading it right now to listen to in the car as I drive around town for my job:D

No comments: