Thursday, February 5, 2009

Defeated by Groceries

I have become very frustrated with grocery shopping lately. I have had difficulty staying in budget with groceries the past couple of months which is very frustrating to me. I used to like to go grocery shopping, but now I just get frustrated not being able to buy things that I want to get. I don't understand what happened. For over a year I was able to buy groceries and stay in budget without much difficultly. What has happened? I also have become really frustrated with cooking. I have never been a cook (I enjoy working on my baking, but not my cooking). My tummy is happy with very simple meals that I don't have to think about. Zach's tummy likes more well balanced large meals. I try reading through cookbooks, but by the time I take out everything out of recipe that I don't like, I am left with the same stuff. So, I ask Zach what he wants and I get no response, leaving me frustrated. This past weekend, I made him help me come up with a menu for the week. So far, it has helped me some. I also have spent hours at 3 grocery stores writing down prices so that I know where to go for what. Tonight I put them into a spreadsheet that will fit on one page that I can carry with my coupons. Hopefully it will make a difference in my frustration level. We can hope.

1 comment:

Erin Lee said...

I'm telling you, go to Aldi! Have you ever used a crockpot? So, so easy and you'll get those hearty meals too. I got my mom a CP cookbook for Christmas that has 4-5 ingredient recipes and there are lots of recipes online.