Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Halloween Mess Up

So, I saw this picture on the front of a magazine in my grandmother's room when I was visiting her and decided I could do it.

Side Note: There is a Halloween party at our house every year. We were told when buying the house that our yard (fire pit) is used for the Halloween party. It is pretty fun. We just provide the space and the party shows up. We are talking food, table, chairs, candy, etc. Perfect occasion for the cake.

Because of my crazy life, I did not begin to attempt this cake until Halloween day. I went on a shopping spree to try to find the perfect bowl to make the cake in, candy, sprinkles (because I didn't think I had time for that many Reese's Pieces), and who knows what else.

I got home and started baking. Things were going fairly well. I had two nice half globes come out of the oven. And then everything quickly went down hill. I wanted to have plenty of icing on the cake since that is the best part of the cake. I didn't see the point in having a pretty cake that didn't taste amazing. Little did I know this was a bad mistake. The cake quickly began crumble before my eyes. I later figured out that all the icing and many layers weakened the structure of the cake. It ended up looking like this.

I decided that I could rescue it and I turned it into this. Definitely not what I had in mind, but it did taste amazing thankfully.

No comments: