Monday, November 9, 2009

Grocery Game

I have become a value grocery shopper. I have always loved grocery shopping until I had a budget to hit every month. Then I became a half excited and half frustrated grocery shopping. That is until I discovered how to use coupons. Now it has become a game or a challenge for me.

I now stock pile a lot of foods and only buy certain foods when I can get them on a good sale. Currently, all our kitchen cabinets are full and this is our extra pantry.
I dream of having an extra freezer out in the garage one day to be able to stock pile more refrigerated/frozen items.

An example of my current ability to save is that I paid $8.95 for $39.62 worth of food. That is a 78% savings! Here is what I got.

You can't really see, but that is 4 boxes of graham crackers (a regular in my lunch), 7 boxes of potatoes (2 servings each), OJ, cookie dough, and 3 things of Dr. Pepper (a major rarity but for 55 cents each, I thought Zach would be so excited...he was:D). That makes 16 items for $9.

For those who are worried, that is just what was on sale this week. This week I will be stocking up on frozen veggies (mostly for Zach).

No comments: