Tuesday, October 6, 2009

There has to be an Explanation

So, not a week after my story of locking myself out of my house, I have another story for you.

This past Friday night, The Farewell Drifters were asked to play the Full Moon Pickin Party at Percy Warner Park. Later that night, they had their last showcase of the week at IBMA. We piled into the van and headed to the park. Because of crazy traffic, we got to the park a little after 7pm which is when they were supposed to begin playing. To say the least, things were hectic.

The boys piled out of the band and threw things together on stage. I was trying to figure out merch stuff when Zach asked me to get his water bottle out of the band. When I bringing it back to him, a lady stopped me to tell me about merch stuff. I dropped off the water bottle and then got working on setting up merch. After I finished this, I sat down to watch the show. I few songs in, I put my hands in my pocket to realize I didn't feel the keys. I started retracing everything I did. I was pretty sure that I didn't lock them in the car. I was pretty sure, but not at all positive that I didn't hand them to Zach with his water bottle. But where could they be? I had to have given them to Zach. When the boys finished, Zach came back to the merch tent and asked me for the keys. Uh oh.

So the search began. I forgot to mention that we parked behind the stage, so I was trying not to cause a scene as I searched. After 15 minutes of searching, I found them under someone's camping chair cover.

The sad part is that it is not shocking that I lost the keys. As noted by to incidents in the past week, this is not uncommon for me. Since I have been driving, I have had this problem. The house ordeal is a newer one. I must have some genetic defect that involves keys. Anyone know of anything like that?

1 comment:

SweetHomeMom said...

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it's contagious and you caught it from me.