Sunday, September 27, 2009

What a Night!

So, yesterday was one crazy day. I woke up early to go on a walk with the women's ministry from my church. Come to find out it was cancelled because of rain (not too much a surprise since it has rained for 2 weeks straight and all the night before). Back to bed for a bit. Then it was on to borrowing a projector to do a home project (more to come on that). Little did I know that would be a little harder than anticipated, but I got it done. Then to several hours of grocery shopping at 4 different stores (price shopping requires a lot of stores sometimes). Home again to clean, paint a mirror, and bake cookies. Then friends came over to hang out. This is where it gets interesting...

After a few hours of hanging out, we decided to take some cookies to another friend who does not currently have a car and was stuck at home on a Saturday night (no fun at all). So out the door. We climbed into the Blazer. This is when I decided to get the map out of Focus since I had never been to this friend's house before. At that moment, I realized I had locked my keys in the house. This meant, no map and no way to get back into the house (our friends lost their spare key and Zach was out of town). Oops. After returning from the cookie drop off, we attempted to break into the house. We tried the credit card deal, we tried popping the cover off the kitty door. No luck at all. Then my friend realized that we could completely take the kitty door off by undoing some screws. It worked!!!

I have now put the head of the screws on the inside of the door, so no luck in the future. I need to get someone a spare key. I go to put up some tools in the garage to find 3 cats in the garage. I try to chase them out, but I can't figure out if they are out or not. I would think they were out and then after a few minutes I would see them lurking around again. Eventually I gave up and just closed the garage door. I put some treats on the inside, so that I would know if they were in there.

This morning when I woke up and opened the door, the treats were gone. I looked around and found no cats. So, off to church. When I returned, I opened my car door to meows. I found the cat, which ran off and out of the garage. There are still possibly more cats in the garage. We shall see.

No comments: