Monday, August 24, 2009

The Boys

We had a packed full weekend.

We began the weekend with a game night at some friends' house. It was a lot of fun.

On Saturday, I spoke at a school (John School) for first time offenders of soliciting prostitutes. I spoke about how their actions cause the demand for human trafficking. I educated them in general on human trafficking. It was a really interesting experience that I am glad I did. I had not spoken in public in quite a while and I was visibly nervous. I am hoping my nerves will be a little calmer next time.

Once I got home, it was off to TPAC for Say You! Say You! is a NPR show that I would describe as an improv word game show. The Farewell Drifters were the house band for the show. It was a lot of fun to be there for the taping. I had no idea anything about the show, but I was laughing a lot. If you want to listen out for it, it should be airing in early October. Exact dates depend on your area.

Sunday was church and then off to Bowling Green for the Newgrass Music Festival. The boys did a great job! And the weather was beautiful.
We ended the weekend with a neighborhood board meeting for which we are both now board members of. Zach is treasurer and I am secretary.

No comments: