Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Forgotten Tale

I forgot one story from Boyd's that I would like to share...

Zach and I slept in the corner of the main living room on a futon. At some point during the first night, I heard a familiar sound that I wanted to ignore. I tried to ignore it, hoping I was wrong. After some amount of time, Zach confirmed my fear when he grumbled "I think Smokey (the Bevill's cat) is chasing something". He turned on the light and sure enough, Smokey was chasing a mouse. Zach asked me what to do. I told him to get a towel to catch the mouse with (I had seen this done many times in my own house growing up with chipmunks our cats brought in). As he got up to get the towel, I got out of bed to check out the situation. As Zach was coming back with the towel, I mentioned, "Aww, he is kinda cute (referring to the mouse)". At this, Zach threw me the towel. Later he said it was because he thought I should be in charge of catching it if I thought it was cute. I think he just didn't want to do it. Smokey had the mouse under her paws and I made my first attempt and failed. I don't think I captured the little guy until my third attempt. I wanted Zach to take a picture of me with the mouse, but he was not amused by that idea. I took the mouse outside and released him. It took me awhile to get to sleep because I was laughing so hard at Zach throwing the towel at me without any explanation. Good memories:D

1 comment:

Jeremy and Jessica Bagge said...

Love the play-by-play of the cat and mouse! It made me smile ;)