Friday, June 12, 2009

Mission Accomplished

We had great weather for the rest of our time in KS. The sun only came out for short periods. Just enough to remind us that we did not want the sun to be out. I believe that the cooler weather was one of the main reasons we were able to finish the whole roof by breakfast this morning. We completed an entire church in less then 3 1/2 days. The captain of the roof is Pete, who is a professional roofer. He reported to my mom yesterday that we laid down more shingle in one hour than guys on his professional team can do. and I might add that I think we had way more fun than they do as well. Not surprisingly, I am tired, bruised, and my hand is slightly swollen with a lot of small cuts. It has been a wonderful week, but I am ready to head home:D

This is a picture at the end of the day on Thursday. You can't really see, but we still had a few little places to work on this morning.

1 comment:

lynb said...

Way to go! That is an enormous roof - what an accomplishment and a great help to that church.