Sunday, June 7, 2009

Made It

We (mom and I) are safely in Kansas City to help build a church starting tomorrow.

Yesterday, we got into town stopped by the mall for lunch and then it was on to the hotel for rest time since we were all up by 4am. I managed to convince myself to go workout for a while before my much needed nap. We woke up to go to dinner at a barbecue restaurant and then back to the hotel for bedtime. (extra note that meals take hours when there are 19 of you to be waited on).

Today, we woke up and went to church at the current church which has no room left in it. They had 2 extra rooms in the church where people were able to watch the service on a screen. Then off to lunch at a great chicken place with unbelievable cinnamon rolls:D Next, some went out to drive around Kansas City while a couple of us headed to the building site to get ready for dinner. I spent my afternoon making some good sweet tea and some other odd and end jobs. Dinner and then back to the hotel to wake up tomorrow and get started building at 6:30am.


No comments: