Monday, December 15, 2008

Happenings over the past couple weeks

This time is year is crazy busy, but so much fun. I am no good at this keeping up with the blog thing. I have a lot more respect for those of you who keep up with it. I am going to try to catch you up.

First, I had my, I believe, first ever white Thanksgiving break. Upon getting up in IL on Sunday morning following Thanksgiving, there were several inches of snow on the ground. Unreal I tell you. Unreal.



Next, we returned home to bloody paw prints in our new home leading to a strange cat lying on our bed. We have heard and/or seen this same cat several times since then. This could be many stories within itself, but I will leave you all to wonder. Because of these occurrences, Sheba (our cat) will have to come home to Birmingham with us for Christmas since we cannot leave the cat door open for the other cat to invade our home again and Sheba needs the cat door for restroom purposes.

We spent the rest of the week trying to decorate frantically for Christmas and attempt to make the house presentable. My mom and aunt arrived on Friday to deliver a few pieces of furniture, plus more Christmas decor to help us get ready for a party on Sunday. They stayed for less than 24 hours and headed out. On that Sunday, December 6th, we hosted the salad portion of our neighborhood's progressive dinner. It was a lot of fun and really motivated us to get our house in working order in just over one month of being handed the keys.

The following day, Monday, Zach's parents came in town for two days. They were great company and it was exciting to share our home with them. While they were here, Zach and his dad put a light in the attic and added a light switch to turn it on. Quite nice! I am very impressed with my hubby.

This past Sunday, December 14th, I cleaned the gutters out on our part of the house and hung icicle lights along the front gutters. This was my first time ever to hang up Christmas lights and I did it on my own while Zach was preparing for the Christmas program at our church. (Sheba watched from her ladder as I was on my ladder)


That night, Zach performed a beautiful song at our church's Christmas program. He did an unbelievable job:D


Then today, I came home and pulled out some paints I bought with some birthday money and painted what I think is the first painting I have ever done apart from school. I don't think it turned out half bad. I left it to dry while I went out to dinner with some co-workers and came home to find it just as wet as I left it. I looked up some information and come to find out oil paints take weeks to dry.

Well, that is my catching up. I hope you enjoyed. Maybe I will be more with in the next couple of weeks, but no promises.

No comments: