Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday

As most of you know, I am not a big shopper. I only go shopping when I have to and usually get really frustrated by the end of the trip no matter how short. Well, yesterday I woke up at 4am to participate in Black Friday. There was a really good deal on a present for Zach and I thought I would give it a shot. Going into it, I thought there is going to be a lot of crazed people grabbing for the gifts that they HAVE to have. Since I was not going to be waiting in line when the doors opened, I thought there was a good chance that the present I was going for would be gone. I prepared myself for this and was just going to enjoy the experience no matter. (I would tell you what it is, but I can't or else my husband would know what he is getting). Well, thankfully my brother in law, Mark, was willing to go with me and we headed out at 4am. We arrived at 4:15 (15 minutes after the doors opened). The parking lot was packed with cars and I took a deep breath preparing myself for craziness. We entered in and there were definitely a lot of people. We began casually trying to find the gift aimlessly walking around the store. (Hint: if you are going to participate in Black Friday, you might want to know the store you are going into). To my surprise, everyone was extremely friendly. Other shoppers were smiling and laughing. No one was upset if I bumped into them. The workers seemed to be sincerely in a good mood. It is almost like this is just a hobby for many people. They are just out to have a good time. I am sure there are those crazed shoppers ready to hurt someone for what they want, but thankfully I didn't not see any of those people. People were very helpful in leading us to the gift. We stood in a short line to get the gift. Success! Then it was time to get in line to check out. Every single check out was open, but we soon found out that the line wrapped halfway around the store. This gave Mark and I plenty of good conversation time. I would highly advise taking someone with you for this reason. Overall, a wonderful experience. I don't know if I will do it again, but I definitely have good memories:D It really got me in the holiday mood.

No comments: