Friday, April 10, 2009

Where Have I Been?

I am not sure the answer to that question, but I think I have been busy. I think Zach and I had something to do every day this week. The week flew by and so did today even though once again, I am not really sure everything I did, but I will give you some hints.

This morning I had just started running some errands, when the tornado sirens went off and I headed home to check on what was going on. Sure enough there was a band of really bad weather heading towards Nashville. The tornadoes were predicted to go north and south of Nashville and thankfully they did. Unfortunately, south of us, they caused A LOT of damage and took several lives. I am glad that I decided to stay in the house while the weather passed over instead of getting things done that I really wanted to be getting done. While I was at the house, I decided to make Zach's birthday cake (Zach's mom's recipe of course) for tomorrow.

After the weather passed, I headed out the grocery to get some things for the party tomorrow and I made it all the way to the grocery before realizing I forgot my list. So back home I went and then back to the grocery. After the grocery, I got my brakes checked. I had gotten a coupon in the mail for a free brake check. I thought it being free and all that it would be really quick. Boy was I wrong. An hour and a half later, I was finally leaving with a clean bill on the brakes, but told that there is another nail in a tire. With how many nails I have run over, you would think that I work at a construction site. Oh well.

Home I went to make a very quick Shepard's pie that actually turned out decent. I ran a few more errands and then off to church for Good Friday service which I am so glad I did. I came home and decided to test the shark (steam mop thing). I vacuumed and then went through 2 clothes on the shark. I really enjoy seeing how much dirt I clean up. The process to get that dirt up, I don't quick as much enjoy.

And that was my day.

1 comment:

lynb said...

The cake looks yummy!