Thursday, April 2, 2009

GhettoGround Atlanta

We took our sweet time getting up on Sunday morning, which was a wonderful treat. I treated myself to an amazing waffle at the breakfast bar and we headed out to Underground Atlanta. Zach had seen some stuff written about Underground and I had memories of being there as a child so I was ready to go. I specifically remember my siblings and I having our caricatures down in Underground when we were younger and I was really looking forward to having one done with Zach. We head into downtown on the MARTA and walk into Underground Atlanta and immediately realized we were not in our element. Underground has turned ghetto. It was not how I remembered it. There was even a place where you could have your photo made with a backdrop that had a spray painted ghetto Sponge Bob Square Pants on it. This was not how I remembered it. I checked with my mom and she confirmed that this was not what it was like when we were there as children. Even more disappointing was that we could not find anyone doing caricatures. So Sunday was for the most part was a failure. For anyone looking to spend a weekend in Atlanta, I would recommend going to the aquarium on Saturday and then CNN on Sunday. Just a suggestion.


No comments: