Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Long Walk, Etc

Back to the MARTA to find a gallery selling art student's work. We got off and started walking. And we kept walking. The building was not exactly where we thought it was going to be. It felt like a really long walk to get there, but there were some neat buildings on the way there to occupy me for a little bit. We finally made it to walk in and find the gate down and the store closed. The security guard informed us that the students running the store decided to take a "break" until official closing time which was only about 30 minutes away. Bummer! The walk back to the MARTA didn't seem as long as the walk there for whatever reason.


We took the MARTA to our car and we began our search for IKEA. We found it without any troubles and were amazed by the size. I didn't really expect a building the size of at least 3 WalMarts. We began our tour of IKEA. The top floor is all showrooms and the bottom floor is where merch is set out to buy. In one of the showrooms, there was a TV on showing tornadoes heading for Nashville. After exiting IKEA with only a curtain rod, I called Lisa to make sure the tornadoes did not actually hit home. Tornadoes hit not too far out of Nashville, but I was informed our home would be fine.

We hurried back to the hotel to enjoy my #1 amenity in choosing a hotel: the hot tub. I loved winding down and relaxing after walking all day in rain/cold. We were only able to stay a short time because we needed to go eat dinner before places closed. We made reservations at a restaurant called Canoe that was said to be shaped like a canoe. The description sounded nice, but I was not prepared for what we walked into. We were greeted by name and seated a very nice table where we were offered a choice of 3 different types of water. We chose filtered tap. I knew I was out of my league. We began looking through the menu which was one page of food and 3 pages of wine choices. Our waitress asked if we would like tea or a soft drink, indicating she did not take us for 21. How funny! Zach chose the rabbit with ravioli, while I had some kind of salmon/goat cheese appetizer. Zach's meal was unbelievable and mine was really rich. We were given dessert menus and Zach wanted to know what I wanted off the menu. My response..."I really just want my cheerios and M&Ms." And that is just what I ate when I returned to the hotel to end our first day in Atlanta.

Day 2 will only be one blog, I promise.

No comments: