Monday, February 21, 2011

Purse Snatching

Last week on my way home from work, I went by the grocery store to check out the on sale Valentine's Day candy. When I was getting out of the car, I heard screaming that sounded like something bad was happening to someone. I got out of the car and rounded the corner to see a small collection of people around an older lady. When I walked up to the situation, there was one man on the phone with the police, another ran down the hill, a lady was jumping in her car taking off down the road, and another talking with the older lady. Lots of things were happening at once and quickly, but now I am able to piece it all together. As the older lady (81 years old) was walking out of the grocery store, a man ran by and snatched her purse. One man had run down the hill after him, another called the police, the lady got in her car to see if she could catch him crossing the next street, and the last man was comforting the lady. Once I had a grasp of things, I ran over to a high spot so that I could see if I could see anyone running. I could see the man who ran down after the purse snatcher and I could see the lady in the car, but no purse snatcher. I watched for a few minutes until the police showed up and then I headed into the store. I was thankful that people had jumped in to help this lady, but so mad at the purse snatcher. I was praying for justice. The next morning I was very excited to receive an email (I receive emails of local happenings from the police department) letting me know that the man was caught and the lady's purse was returned to her. Whew!

No comments: