Friday, January 7, 2011

About Time

A blog post has been long over due. Lately I have been wanting to write blogs but feel overwhelmed by the backlog of blogs that I need to catch up on. I don't know if I will ever write another blog if I try to catch up, so I am just going to write a current blog...

Our precious little kitty is currently wearing the "cone of shame" as coined by my friend Erin. This seems way more appropriate a term than Elizabethan collar as the vet calls it. That is like pretending there is some dignity in wearing the thing.

Mia went in to get spayed on Wednesday morning. It was so sad having to take her that morning. I woke up and she was asking for food just as usual besides for I couldn't give her any food. Not only could I not give her food, but she was going under and didn't even know it.

When I came home that afternoon, there was Mia half drugged staggering around the house with the "cone of shame". At that point, I felt half bad for her while also getting a kick out of her running into walls, etc. Since then, the funny parts are when she is attempting to clean her self, but really just licking the cone. Or when she is "scratching" her ears through the cone.

For your enjoyment, here are some pictures of Mia in her Elizabethan collar.


Attempting to clean herself:D

No comments: