Saturday, July 4, 2009

Update on Construction

Sorry I have not been able to show you this sooner, but we have been very busy and then without Internet for a while.

Wednesday I was able to finish up the dining room by putting on coat #5 of paint and patching the whole in the wall where random cords ran out of the wall and then through the floor (they were not really random, they were for surround sound which I don't care about). Oh yes, on Tuesday the electrician came out and fixed the electricity issue and he was very nice to answer all the thousands of questions I threw at him. He is the one responsible for okaying the taking out of the surround sound wires and cables:D Back to Wednesday, I spent the rest of the day (literally 6 hours) cleaning the house. I finished just in time to make cookies, cook dinner and take a shower in order to get down the the Station Inn to hear Cadillac Sky. Our house guests spent the night in a very clean house that night.

Then on Thursday, I was up and working on less than 4 hours of sleep at Vandy inpatient. Right after work, Zach and I went putt-putt golfing with a great group of friends and had a blast. And that needed to be followed up by ice cream, so it was another late night.

Needless to say, I slept in really late on Friday which is when we lost our Internet for whatever reason. So, that brings us to my photo updates.

The dining room now has a new light fixture and new paint on the walls. We are still looking for curtains, fabric for the chairs, and few more details in the room, but here it is at this point.
Last night, I was able to finish the painting (since there was no Internet to get other stuff done). It is my interpretation of fireflies in tall grass. I am still working on the frame, but you get the idea.

2 comments:

lynb said...

Very cool! Bob will love the color. I like the painting too - where will you hang it?

FatMoMo said...

Awesome the white shades look so good! I am excited to see it in person...and your painting is amazing!!!!