Monday, July 6, 2009

House on Fire

Well, just about. Zach called me today to let me know that he almost caught the house on fire. Hopefully this is one of those live and learn things and nothing like it will happen again. I had left oil out and fish ready for him to fry. I had told him to set the stove between 4 and 5 because I have already learned the hard way not to let the oil get too hot (he was there, but doesn't remember it). Well, Zach set the stove between 5 and 6 and walked away. I didn't realize that I needed to give more detail, specifically about not walking away. He smelled smoke and then saw smoke and came into a kitchen with a pot on fire. He has way more detail, but overall, Zach had caused a grease fire in our kitchen. Thankfully the fire was contained to the pot and he was able to get it outside. But this is what we are left with...
And a VERY smelly house.

1 comment:

FatMoMo said...

Wow that's burnt! I am glad Zac wasn't injured...