Sunday, June 13, 2010

Epic Fail x2

This weekend was full of failures and one semi success.

The Failures:
#1-I had put together a girls night out with 2 friends. One band wife and another stay at home mom who needed a night out. I thought going to hear the Nashville Symphony play outdoors would be a great way to spend the evening. We packed up our picnic dinner and headed out. We arrived at the destination to find no concert occurring. I started to wonder if I had gone crazy. I had read that the concert was tonight, right? One of the other girls had read it as well. We would look on our phones, but only our husbands have internet on their phones. So we started calling friends to look it up for us. One friend sent us to another location downtown. I dropped the other two off and off I went to find a parking spot during CMA week. I found one! only to get a call that this was not the right location. A phone call to another friend, to find out the series was rescheduled for another night. We headed back to the first location for a nice picnic dinner together. It actually was a great night, just not as intended.

#2-Today was the neighborhoods annual ice cream social. I thought all week about what kind of ice cream to make. I finally decided on brownie batter ice cream. I whipped it all up last night and put it in the refrigerator to make today. Nothing better than just finished homemade ice cream. I went to church, helped with kids church, went to the store to get ice (no room in the freezer), and started the ice cream maker. I followed the directions to a tee. After 45 minutes, I opened it up to find liquid. Hmmm....3 hours later, still liquid. Needless to say, it was not ready for the social:( I still have no idea what went wrong.

Now for the success:
I mowed a (our) lawn for the first time in my entire life!!!

No comments: